Friday, October 18

a new favorite necklace

Do you ever find something spectacular online and literally have dreams about it? Maybe that's just me, I might be a bit obsessive at times--or maybe it's just stubbornness, I'm not sure. Either way, whether or not I can stop thinking about something is my gauge for whether I really like it, like really really like it a lot alot, or if I just think it's pretty. For instance, these TOMS wedges have not left my mind since the day I saw them online and they will be a part of my fall wardrobe.



Mark. My. Words. They are mine. I've already decided they're going to be a birthday present, now M and my parents will just have decide which one is getting them for me. It's happening. (See... stubborn.)

For a lot of what I see online I have to fight a compulsive urge to buy it right then. I may put it in my digital cart, but it never leaves cyberspace to come into my home until I've given it some thought.

Besides those glorious shoes, I've also been giving some an obsessive amount of thought to this necklace. It's now on my need must have would really like list.



Not only is it simple, beautiful and reasonably priced (three of my requirements for a jewelry purchase), but I love the symbolism behind this necklace. It's a Lisa Leonard Design necklace and it's called the "Heart Made Whole".  A heart needing to be made "whole" infers it wasn't whole before. If you haven't read her blog before, you should. Lisa talks often about the idea of finding beauty in brokenness, which one of my favorite biblical truths: God is actively restoring what is broken to something new.

So this necklace will be added to my birthday, or Christmas list, either way this also will. be. mine. Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

What's on your "I really really want" list? Tell me.... Or, maybe not. Not sure I need to add to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment